Our on-site laboratory allows us to run complete panels, including blood, urine and parasite, while you wait.
Village Animal Clinic offers all types of elective and emergency surgery. Our surgeons, Dr. Linda Wilson and Dr. Christopher Lapsley, perform surgery on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Our surgical suite is equipped with state-of-the-art monitoring equipment and anesthesia for safer sedation and a quicker recovery period.
Village Animal Clinic in North Palm Beach, FL has been taking care of pets surgical needs in North Palm Beach, Juno Beach, Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Riviera Beach, Singer Island, Lake Park since 1966
PREPARING YOUR PET FOR SURGERY
Your pet should be fed dinner the night before surgery, however, should not be given food or snacks after 8:00 p.m. You may give your pet water until just before you leave for our clinic. Please take your dog out on a leash walk to allow them to fully eliminate before dropping them off for surgery.
YOUR PET'S DAY OF SURGERY
- Surgical Admissions are between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. Upon arrival at our hospital you will be greeted and checked in by our Front Desk Staff
- You and your pet will then be put into an exam room, where a nurse will go over the treatment plan with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Your pet will then be admitted into our surgical area where any necessary blood work will be drawn and laboratory tests done, while your pet rests quietly. The results will be promptly given to your Doctor for evaluation.
- A Pre-Surgical examination by the surgeon will be performed pre-op medicines administered and prepping will begin by the Pre-Surgical Nurse. Your pet will be induced for surgery, surgery performed, and promptly moved to a Post Operative bed, where your pet will be closely monitored by our Post-Operative nurses.
- Once the procedure has been completed and your pet is resting comfortably, you will receive a call from the Nurse letting you know that your pet has done well and an estimated time of when they will be released.
- When you pick up your pet, the Surgical Nurse will go over all instructions for home care. Your pet’s comfort is our main priority and, depending on their needs, they may be sent home with medications to keep them comfortable.
- Let us know if you have any additional requests and we will gladly answer any questions or concerns you may have.