Veterinary Surgery in North Palm Beach
Skilled Florida Pet Surgeons
Village Animal Clinic offers all types of elective and emergency veterinary surgery. Our surgeons, Dr. Linda Wilson and Dr. Christopher Lapsley, perform surgery on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays. Our surgical suite is equipped with state-of-the-art monitoring equipment and anesthesia for safer sedation and a quicker recovery period.
If you have questions about our pet surgery services in North Palm Beach, call us at (561) 899-9359.
Preparing Your Pet for Surgery
Admissions for surgery are between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm. Pets should be fed dinner the night before, but given no food, treats, or snacks after 8:00 pm. You may give your pet water until just before you leave for our clinic. Please take your dog out on a leash walk to allow them to fully eliminate before dropping them off for surgery.
Your pet's surgery day:
- Surgical admissions are between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm. Upon arrival at our hospital, you will be greeted and checked in by our front desk staff.
- You and your pet will then be put into an exam room, where a nurse will go over the treatment plan with you and answer any questions you may have.
Next, your pet will then be admitted into our surgical area where any necessary blood work will be drawn and laboratory tests done while your pet rests. The results will be promptly given to your doctor for evaluation.
- A pre-surgical examination by the surgeon will be performed pre-op medicines administered and prepping will begin by the pre-surgical nurse. Your pet will be induced for surgery, surgery will be performed, and your pet will be promptly moved to a post-operative bed, where they will be closely monitored by our post-operative nurses.
- Once the procedure has been completed and your pet is resting comfortably, you will receive a call from the nurse letting you know that your pet has done well and an estimated time of when they will be released.
- When you pick up your pet, the surgical nurse will go over all instructions for home care. Your pet’s comfort is our main priority and, depending on their needs, they may be sent home with medications to keep them comfortable.
Let us know if you have any additional requests and we will gladly answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Village Animal Clinic's Mission
Our goal is to provide our clients and patients with progressive, thorough, medical care.
We will work together as a team with trust and respect in a professional, family-oriented environment.
We will provide exceptional empathetic customer service and client education.